PROTECTION IN THE CRIMINAL PROCESS OF CORPORATE MANAGERS AND OFFICIALS
One of the most requested legal services among business owners in the realities of the current world situation is protection in criminal proceedings, namely, protection against accusations of economic crimes (the so-called “white-collar crime”).
In Ukraine, criminal prosecution is often initiated by competitors to force owners/managers of an enterprise to transfer their corporate rights, to sign away their share in the company, to block the work of the company, etc.
New Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine significantly increased the powers of law enforcement agencies. If, before it, the decision to initiate a pre-trial investigation should have been served on a person and it could be appealed, now accused person couldn’t have known about a case initiated against him.
The main inquiries with which businessmen and private individuals address us in this direction, and the solutions that our firm implements quickly and qualitatively are:
- Preventive conclusion of attorney agreements with officials who are often unreasonably accused of crimes and whose rights may be potentially violated.
- Identification and preventive countering threats from law enforcement agencies.
- Lawyer support of investigative actions against a client at any stage of pre-trial investigation and court proceedings.
- Legal assistance to minimize the interference of bodies in the activities of the enterprise.
- Appealing in court unlawful decisions, actions or omissions of the investigating authorities, the prosecutor, the judge, as well as law enforcement agencies at all levels involved in the case.
- Appealing court decisions in criminal proceedings.
- Operational attorney assistance and the development of behavior strategies during the arrest of business owners/officials.
- Assistance in organizing a media campaign to form the necessary perception of conflict among the public.