PROTECTION OF IP RIGHTS IN PRE-TRIAL AND TRIAL PROCEDURE
A few years ago, little attention was paid to the protection of intellectual property rights in Ukraine. In contrast to the developed countries, in which the most high-profile court proceedings between corporations relate to intellectual property.
With the evolution of society, corporate governance, the legislative field and the rapprochement of Ukraine with the European Union, the legal protection of intellectual property rights has become increasingly important.
JUDICIAL REFORM, BEGINNING IN 2016, PROVIDES AMONG OTHER, AND ESTABLISHING A HIGH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COURT. IP-COURT WILL BE THE COURT OF THE FIRST INSTANCE AND THE COURT OF THE APPEAL, AND ITS JURISDICTION WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO DISPUTES ON THE PROTECTION OF ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OBJECTS.
The main asset of the largest corporations in the world is their intellectual property. Inadequate approach to the protection of their rights, or ignoring the need for a preliminary study of the status of registration of rights to TM, patents, industrial design, etc. can lead to financial losses or even bankruptcy.
The main inquiries our Law Firm receive, and solutions we quickly and efficiently implements, are:
- Development and implementation of an integrated intellectual property rights protection strategies.
- Drafting and sending letters of claim/responses to the third-party letters of claim.
- Pre-trial settlement of disputes regarding intellectual property rights objects.
- Initiate of IP infringement proceedings.
- Representing in intellectual property rights disputes.
- Identify and fighting against counterfeit goods.
- Patent searches in national/international databases.
- Utility models and Inventions patenting/patenting of Industrial designs.
- Trademark registration.
- Recognition of trademarks as well-known Geographical indications registration.
- Copyright registration / Drafting copyright agreements.
- Drafting assignment and license agreements.